Christ Lutheran operates an extended care program for those parents who need supervision for their children before school, after school, or both. The supervision takes place on the school property, and it is our intent to provide safe, caring supervision for your child. Please call the school to reserve a spot. Following is more detailed information about this program:
1. The hours of operation are from 6:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. (before school) and 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (after school) except on Mondays when the after school hours are from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. There is a late charge of $1.00 per minute after 5:30 p.m.
2. Rates are as follows:
$65 per child per week, or $13 per child per day.
PAYMENTS ARE MADE A WEEK IN ADVANCE. Checks may be written to Christ Lutheran Extended Care. Payment may also be made by credit card. Contact the school office for more information.
If you are eligible for the Child Care Assistance Program from the State of Illinois, or would like to find out more information regarding this program, please contact the school office. Applications are available in the office or a the Child Care Connection website at www.salcc.org.
3. The school’s multipurpose room (the old gym) will be used in the morning. Please enter and exit through door #6. The after school program is located in the Parish Hall at the church. We have games and activities available. We have homework rooms available and encourage students to do homework after school. A nutritious after school snack is provided each day.
4. A sign-in / sign-out sheet will be used. You must sign your child out. This provides for more accurate records and greater safety for your child.
5. Please don’t allow your child to bring food, toys, balls, money, game systems, iPods, cell phones, etc. (same policies as the school on these items).
7. Please note the following phone numbers:
Christ Lutheran School: 309-637-1512
Christ Lutheran After Care: 309-439-9632
Sabrina Brown: 309-279-3914
Latonya Brown (After Care): 309-349-5973
8. This program is license-exempt pursuant to the guidelines of DCFS.
Please feel free to contact our Extended Care staff of the school office for more information.
Terry M. Mooney